Shine for a Cause is your opportunity to support women throughout the month of March, in honor of International Women’s Day. This event is your chance to support local organizations that encourage the growth and strength of women.
Each week we will highlight a local WOMEN’S CAUSE. We have selected 4 powerful local organizations that support women specific causes, they include Dress for Success for the Economic Independence of Women, the Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research, Choices for Victims of Domestic Violence and Freedom a la Cart, an organization that deliciously combines support services and workforce training for local survivors of human trafficking.
Step One! Select an Organization that resonates with you. If you purchase a Sharon Wei piece anytime during the week the organization is featured we will give 10% of the purchase to their cause.
Step Two! Want to Give More? Each organization collects supplies for their cause. View below for the specific requests from each org.
And Get Together for the Party! We will celebrate on every Tuesday of March with a party for each organization. If you bring in a requested donation item the night of the organization’s party you will receive:
15% off all new Argo & Lehne in-stock jewelry and 10% off any giftware! In addition, we will give back 10% of all in-stock purchases to their cause!!
Let’s Get Together. Be Bold. And Support Women!!!
***If you would like to get involved by just donating we will collect for every cause the entire month. We will happily pass on your kind donation to the appropriate organization. A warm thank you!
Accepted donation items for the Stefanie Spielman fund include:
- Lap blankets (fleece tie, knit, crochet or quilted)
- Hats (knit, crochet, cotton or fleece)
- Neck pillows (new materials or inflatable, waterproof and cleanable)
- Heating/cooling rice bags (new)
- Crossword/Word Find/Sudoku books
- Hand-held games
- Magazines (within the last 4 months)
- Books (gently used)
- Journals or notepads
- Small packages of tissues
- Mylar balloons
- Stuffed animals (new)
- Deodorant (new and seal not broken)
- Toothpaste (new and seal not broken)
- Lip balm (honey based, new and seal not broken)
- Hand sanitizer (>60% ethanol or isopropanol alcohol)
- Flameless candles (cleanable)
- Sugar-free candy or mints (individually wrapped and seal not broken)
We ask that cards offer a general greeting or message of encouragement. Cards can include your own artwork/illustrations. We recommend using cardstock, colored paper, scrapbooking supplies, stamps or stickers. Patients from many faiths are treated at The James, so please refrain from including religious messages. A signature on the card is not required. If you choose to sign it, please include only your first name.
- Sending you hope and encouragement
- Thinking of you
- Hope this brightens your day
- Your strength and courage is an inspiration
- Sending you support
Accepted paperback books for Choices lending library include:
- all content appropriate paperback books. These will be lent to the women adults as well as their children.
- some childrens’ favorites are any books from the Harry Potter series and any super hero comic books.
A few titles that they would be ever grateful for and our generally wait-listed at the library:
- “Why does he do that? Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men” by Lundy Bancroft
- “When Dad Hurts Mom – Helping Your Children Heal the Wounds of Witnessing Abuse” by Lundy Bancroft
- “Should I stay or should I go?” by Lundy Bancroft
Accepted donation items for Freedom a la Cart include:
- Body wash, face soaps, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant