Paige & Brennan – 11.24.2018
Jewelry from Argo: ladies wedding band
Wedding Theme: Peacock
Venue: The Club at Corazon
“We were originally looking for a rustic barn type wedding. We went to several in one day and just threw the Club in as a wild card. I was so pleasantly surprised by them. Not only were they the most affordable of all the options, they had an AMAZING bridal suite, BEAUTIFUL grounds, and delicious food. They were professionals from start to finish and were available to answer any of my questions or concerns. I would 100% recommend them to any bride!”
Dress: Gents – Tommy Hilfiger Suits in “Postal Blue” from Men’s Warehouse.
Dress: Ladies – Grace Karin “Wine” Peacock dress from Amazon.
“We actually didn’t have a theme for the wedding before we got the bridesmaid dresses. I knew I wanted jewel toned purples and blues, but when I saw that Grace Karin dress on my Matron of Honor, I knew it was the one. They were also under $70 so they were totally affordable!”
Florist: My Grandma was our “florist” she used to own her own florist shop when my mom was growing up, so she was happy to do it. We used silk flowers to save the budget and also so she would have time to do them all and not get too overwhelmed. She also did our centerpieces!”
Cake: Bess’ Cakery
“The first bridal show we went to, I got a $100 off scratch off from her bakery and her cake was so delicious, I had to go with her! She was a doll and great to work with. We had 3 flavors of cake, “Blue Almond” which was a blue velvet cake with almond extract, an apple spice cake with caramel frosting, and a vanilla cake with strawberry frosting. The bottom tier of our cake was real and the top 2 layers were fake. We did this to save money, too. The other cakes were “kitchen cakes” or sheet cakes that the venue cut up and served.”
Photography & Video: Emily Schutz
“I have used Emily in the past and she was awesome! I had to go with her again. She did both our engagement and wedding photos. She also does videography and did a little video that legit made me bawl when I watched it.”
The Caterer: “The Club did catering. We had chicken parmesan and short rib. They did make me a special steak because that is what I liked the best at the tasting, which was so sweet!”
Hair Stylist: Tonya O’Brien
“She is actually one of my bridesmaid’s mom who happens to be a hair stylist. She was great! I actually had my hairstylist cancel on me the week before the wedding and she stepped up and saved the day!”
Make-Up: Jayme O’Brien (Lola’s Looks)
“Jayme was a bridesmaid, but she also does airbrush makeup! She did an amazing job.”
List any other vendors we did not mention that you recommend
- “Stan Stine was our DJ and was great!”
- “I went to Original Alterations to get my dress altered. She took in 8 inches and it was flawless. Absolutely stunning! And she was very reasonably priced. I will never NOT recommend her.”
Special touches to your wedding that you are so glad you did?
- “My brother married us. It was so special that he could be part of our special day. I believe in God, but my husband does not and we don’t belong to a church, so it was perfect for us since we did not have a pastor.
- “My dad BUILT me a cross and had a gold plaque placed at the bottom to memorialize our wedding day.”
- “We had a polaroid picture guestbook and it was so fun! We have it on our coffee table and people always look at it when they come over now.”
Advice to future brides on planning their wedding?
- “PLAN TRANSPORTATION!!!! We didn’t because we just were going to get a LYFT to the hotel. There were no “premium” LYFT’s available so we got a minivan. It wasn’t terrible, but it definitely wasn’t “special”.”
- “Wish is your friend if you have time to wait! I got my earrings, veil, hair piece, shoes, groomsmen’s ties, and bridesmaid gifts from Wish!!”