- The first thing to remember about gift giving over the holiday is that it is never wrong to give a gift.
- Always keep in mind, that a thoughtful and well-intended gift is more impactful than something that is expensive and breaks the budget you have set for gift giving.
-Make the effort, ask around, look at their Pinterest page, Facebook page, find out what they truly enjoy and what is important to them right now. Doing your homework will pay off and show the giftee that they mean something to you and that you take an interest in their life.
- Make a list – Don’t forget all of those around you that have helped you this year or made a positive impression on your life. Friends, mentors, neighbors, mailman, nanny, etc.
- Sometimes you are obliged to give a gift – Although this may not be something that you look forward to, these gifts can still come from a place of thoughtfulness and generosity. Set a budget for each gift and find something that is useful and shows the person that you know them and their routine.
- And finally, don’t re-gift a gift to the person who gave you the gift.
View our Holiday Gift Giving Guide
Visit our Pinterest for more.