Replacement value is the current value for which an item may be purchased in a jewelry store engaged in the business of selling comparable merchandise. Unless indicated, we have not removed any gems.
Diamonds are graded for the three quality factors of cutting, color & clarity according to the American Gem Society diamond grading standards. Each of these quality factors is rated on a scale of 0 to 10 with 0 being the best possible grade for that particular quality factor. No diamond may be assigned a grade of 0 for any quality factors unless it is examined un-mounted. Mounted diamonds are given a provisional grade in each of the quality factors.
Unless otherwise stated, all colored stones listed on this appraisal report is assumed to have been subjected to a permanent & in most cases undetectable color enhancement process. Prevailing market values are based on these processes, which are universally practiced & accepted by the gem & jewelry trade.
Mountings prohibit the full & accurate evaluation of gemstones. All measurements & weights are approximate unless gemstones have been removed from mountings. Identification of metals & methods of construction are determined only to the extent that the design permits.
The values expressed are based on the current information available at the date of the appraisal & the appraiser’s judgment & opinion. It is not a representation or warranty that the items will realize those values if offered for sale.
Rendering this appraisal does not require testimony or attendance in court or at any other hearing. The appraiser will try to accommodate arrangements made a reasonable time in advance. Compensation will be at our customary hourly rate.
This copyrighted report shall not be used in whole or in part, other than its intended purpose, including but not limited to publicity, promotion or transfer of the article.
This report is not a guarantee or agreement or offer to buy & Argo & Lehne Jewelers makes no representation or warranty regarding this report or the article described herein.
This report is specifically limited to the article described at the time of its examination & is limited to the person requesting such report at the time the article & report are delivered. It is not valid at any later date or for any subsequent transfer.
Argo & Lehne Jewelers, Inc. shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense as a result of this descriptive report to any person after the article has left the custody of Argo & Lehne. Due to the nature of the article & the possibility of damage, change or other occurrence Argo & Lehne for itself, its agents & its employees specifically denies any liability to any persons for any reason for this report after the article has left the control of Argo & Lehne Jewelers, Inc.Continue Reading
Here are 36 Questions to Ask Your Insurance Agent
1. What kinds of jewelry insurance are there?
2. Is my policy all risk?
3. Against what risks is unscheduled jewelry protected?
4. Against what risks is scheduled jewelry protected?
5. What risks are not covered?
6. What is the cost per thousand for full coverage?
7. What is the cost per thousand for partial coverage?
8. What are the limitations of partial coverage?
9. What is the deductible?
10. How much can I lower my premium by increasing my deductible?
11. What security precautions are required?
12. How much can I lower my premium by increasing precautions? (home security systems, special door locks, fire detectors, fireproof in-house safe, items stored in safety deposit box, etc.)
13. What proof is needed to justify a claim?
14. Am I still covered if there is negligence or carelessness?
15. Can I opt for cash instead of replacement?
16. Is cash out for full value? If not, how is it determined?
17. Is depreciation imposed? When, how and to what is it computed?
18. What types of property are not covered?
19. What exclusions are there?
20. Who is covered?
21. What is the difference in limitation between jewelry and silverware?
22. Can I replace a damaged piece or am I limited to repair?
23. What geographical limitations are there to my coverage? Is my children’s jewelry covered for the same risks when they are not at home? (college, summer job, travel in country, travel out of country, etc.)
24. What is coverage if an item is lost, stolen, or damaged while in another’s possession?
25. What is coverage if part of an item is lost, stolen, or damaged in another’s possession?
26. If I lose part of a set is coverage for full value or limited to the percentage of loss?
27. Is an appraisal needed for full coverage?
28. How often should an appraisal be updated?
29. Am I limited to the appraised replacement value if there has been an increase or is coverage for full replacement value at time of loss?
30. How is value determined if an item is irreplaceable?
31. Do any circumstances void my coverage? (flood, lightning, war, nuclear disaster, fire, earthquake, hurricane, tornado, etc.)
32. Can I use my jeweler for replacement?
33. Can I verify proper replacement with my jeweler if an insurance company source makes the replacement?
34. Will my claim and the replacement value be more readily accepted if an AGS Jeweler, Certified Gemologist, Certified Gemologist Appraiser does the appraisal?
35. If I have a lab report or laser identification on my diamond or gem will it enhance my coverage or improve my premium?
36. What is the actual language in the policy for each concern I’ve expressed?Continue Reading